Our 5 Star Process
The first step to building your dream home starts with a simple phone call. This allows HDMI to establish compatibility with respect to our collective expectations.
We will then call you to set up an appointment to meet with your Project Manager. Our Project Manager will be your sole point of contact throughout the entire project. This process simplifies the sometimes-chaotic logistics that arise when renovating.
During this meeting we will discuss who HDMI is, the project scope, the contract, budget and time line expectations.
- Project Manager appointment
- Get to know HDMI
- Determine what a successful project means to you.
- Contract, project scope, budget and timeline expectations discussed.
What to Expect
- Read and sign the contract
- Acquire Lot, Plan and Site information of your property
- Notify your insurance company and advise them that your property is under construction and ensure that you have proper coverage during the process
- Notify your alarm company that the property will be accessed over the next several weeks by construction workers and provide an alternate contact number if necessary and provide HDMI with your temporary alarm code or password
- Notify your bank that you will be making large cheques over the next while by bank draft, certified cheque or money order so they can assist you in the process
- Ensure your valuables and priceless or irreplaceable items have been removed by you personally prior to the commencement of construction
- Be prepared for the process to be emotional. Seeing your house for the first time after demolition can been overwhelming. Remember to be patient and breathe and trust in the process
- You will need to coordinate your visits and access with HDMI. All construction will stop when you are on site for your safety and the safety of others
- While your completion date is an absolutely goal, the schedule will ebb and flow to ensure that the completion date is met. While some things may take longer than anticipated, other things can occur quickly. We are dedicated and devoted to delivering your project on time but not every delay will result in a change to the completion date
- If there are any deficiencies or touch ups on your completion date, these will be recorded in writing and completed to your satisfaction in a timely manner
- If we move you out, you can make arrangements to have access to your personal belongings, however we encourage you to take everything you think you will need during the construction process
- You will have a lot of questions during the process. Write them down so they are not forgotten and deal with them collectively during your scheduled meetings and/or through the client login on our website
- As we progress with your job we may be offering upgrades and/or different selections, normally 10-20% of the cost of the job